Redhot News brings you the latest news articles for your top Salesforce Accounts as soon as you log in, plus news on every Account, Opportunity and Contact page. The app is free and installation is quick and painless, so give it a shot…
2. Click the Get It Now button on the Redhot News listing.
3. Select the button labeled Login to the AppExchange. You will then be prompted to log into Salesforce.
4. After logging in, Salesforce will ask if you would like to install Redhot News in your production environment (active, developer, or trial orgs) or in a sandbox environment. Please choose one of the options.
5. Check the “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions” checkbox and click Confirm and Install.
6. Review the Package Details and Package components and click Continue to start the installation wizard.
7. At step 1 of the installation wizard, approve the Package API access by clicking Next.
8. Step 2 of the installation wizard asks you to choose a security level. For most organizations, we recommend that this be set to “Grant access to all users.” If you wish to set this up for certain profiles only, we recommend that you select the “Grant access to all users” setting and limit profiles by assigning different page layouts to different profiles. You can alternatively use “Select security settings” and choose which profiles to give access to, however if you choose to limit the access to select profiles at this stage, it is not as easy to go back and add the profiles, as Salesforce does not provide the means to do this at the package level.
9. On the final step of the wizard, click Install to begin the package installation. If you get an error at this stage, try repeating it with the “Ignore Apex Test Errors” box checked and it should go through. This will not impact the behavior of Redhot News.
10. At this point, you’ll see one of two screens. If Salesforce is performing the install quickly you will see an “Install Complete” screen like the following:
Choose Deploy Now to complete the setup.
If the install is somewhat slower to complete, which can occur during Salesforce’s peak hours of usage, you may see the following screen:
In this case, you will be sent an email when the installation completes. After you receive this email, you should navigate to Setup | App Setup | View Installed Packages, click on the “Redhot News” link, and click Deploy. If you do not complete this step, the application will not work for all profiles.
11. Review the components being deployed, and click the Deploy button.
Add the Redhot News component to the Account Page Layout
1. Navigate to Setup | App Setup | Customize | Accounts | Page Layouts, and select the appropriate Account Page Layout and click Edit.
2. Select Visualforce Pages in the left-hand menu of the top section. If you don’t see a Visualforce Pages section, then the application was probably not fully deployed – see above steps.
3. Drag a new Section (from the right-hand side of the top section) down into the layout where you would like the Redhot News component to display.
4. Enter the section name as Redhot News, select display on Detail Page only, select 1 Column layout, then click OK
5. Drag and drop the Redhot News Visualforce page (from the right-hand side of the top section) into the newly created section.
6. Next, configure how the Redhot News Visualforce component will display within your page layout by clicking on the settings icon at its top-right (visible when you hover your mouse over the Visualforce component).
7. Enter the settings: • Width: 100% • Heigh:250 • Show scrollbars: checked • Show label: unchecked
8. Save the changes to the page layout.
9. Repeat these steps for all Account Page Layouts that you wish to include Redhot News on.
Add the Redhot News component to the Contact Page Layout
Optionally, you can also include Redhot News on your Contact layouts. Obviously this will only be appropriate if your contacts are frequently in the news. Repeat the steps above for all Contact page layouts.
Add the Redhot News component to the Home Page Layout
1. To add Redhot News to your home page, navigate to Setup | App Setup | Customize | Home | Home Page Layouts and click Edit.
2. Under Select Wide Components to Show select Redhot News and click Next.
3. Place Redhot News in the location you would like it to appear on your Home Page and click Save.
To make Redhot News work for all user profiles, there is an additional step. For each profile you want to have access, edit the profile (Setup | Manage Users | Profiles) • Go to the Custom Object Permissions section • Click the Modify All checkbox (right-most checkbox) for the following three objects
There are a few under-the-covers settings that can be tweaked. Any tweaks made here will affect all users. Note that not all of the configuration options are supported, so your milage may vary, but they are reasonably clearly labeled so you should be able to tell what each option does. A future release will have a custom configuration page included to make this more user-friendly.
1. Navigate to Setup | App Setup | Develop | Custom Settings and select Manage next to the News Feed Configuration listing.
2. Click Edit, change any settings and then Save.
Test it Out
Congratulations! You’re all set to begin using Redhot News. View an Account and you’ll see the latest news stories. Test it out and let your users know!
Q: How does RedHot News work? A: RedHot News takes Accounts from your Salesforce database and performs a search using Google News to display relevant news articles
Q: What Salesforce Objects does RedHot News support? A: Account, Contact and Opportunity Objects can be used to display news results, as well as the home page
Q: How many Accounts can I track news for on my homepage? A: Up to 10 Accounts
Q: Can I override the default search parameters? A: Yes, click on the “Change News Search Criteria” link and override with the Search Override field. By default, RedHot News uses the Account name as the search parameter.
Q: What if I do not use the delivered Account name field? A: Create a workflow to populate the New Search Override field with the value from your alternative name field.
Q: Can I choose which news source or location RedHot News searches on? A: Yes, on the Search Criteria screen the News Source ( i.e ‘New York Times) and Location fields determine what RedHot News searches on.
Q: Can I post RedHot News articles to Chatter, LinkedIn and Twitter? A: Yes, in the RedHot News search results there are links to the most popular social media outlets, including a link to email the article and post it to Chatter.
Q: What type of support does Redkite offer for RedHot News? A: We offer email support and typically respond within 1-2 business days
Q: How do I remove the Redkite logo from RedHot News? A:Contact us
Q: Which Salesforce editions can I use RedHot news on? A: RedHot News supports Enterprise and Unlimited Editions
Praesent commodo cursus magna, vel scelerisque nisl consectetur et. Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Maecenas faucibus mollis interdum. Donec ullamcorper nulla non metus auctor fringilla.