Having issues with non-admin profiles?
If Redhot News is not working for NON-System Admin profiles, the following settings should resolve your issue. For each profile you want to have access, edit the profile (Setup > Manage Users > Profiles)
- Go to the Custom Object Permissions section
- Click the Modify All checkbox (right-most checkbox) for the following three objects
- News Feed Advanced Search
- News Feed Cache
- News Feed JSON
Redhot News brings you the latest news articles for your top Salesforce Accounts as soon as you log in, plus news on ever Account, Opportunity and Contacts page. The app is free and installation is quick and painless, so give it a shot…
- View the latest news stories on your Accounts, Opportunities and Contacts right in their Salesforce pages.
- Share articles with your colleagues via Chatter.
- Set up advanced search terms… add extra terms or strip out parts of the account name you don’t want to search on
- Send articles to your contacts — e.g. to congratulate them on that promotion or big deal they just closed.
- Post news stories to your favorite social networks, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (Google+ coming soon).
- Articles come from Google News so you can be sure you’re seeing all the top stories.